OTWAY FORUM MEETING No. 325 - Jul 14, 2019
Apologies Cr. Stephen Hart
- We are still waiting for a decision by the local government minister on the Local Council Representation Review.
- The recommendation was for a new wards based council for COS.
- Meanwhile another proposal from the Victorian Electoral Commission for single member wards has surfaced, with consultation closed this week?
- Will this disadvantage independent and small party candidates?
- Non resident ratepayers will also have to register to vote in local council elections?
- Conservative COS councillors Smith, McCracken, Hanson and Schram have voted for a very small rate increase of 0.5%.
- Rate increases are capped at 2.5% by the state government except in special circumstances.
- With such a small rate increase staff and services may have to be cut and the budget redrafted?
- COS fees and charges are open for public comment until August 14th. Go to COS website or Customer Service for details.
- COS to adopt a Draft Complaints Policy.
- Great Ocean Road Authority to be in place by the end of 2020, but head office unlikely to be based in Apollo Bay.
- Legislation, policies, planning processes, supporting initiatives and a new dedicated parks authority are currently being worked on.
- Budgets and staffing will then be needed.
- Otway Coast Committee to be amalgamated with the existing Great Ocean Road Coast Committee?
- Consultation session on Apollo Bay Community Infrastructure Plan this Friday 1-4pm at the Golf club.
- This is your chance to have your say !!!!!!
- It has a strong emphasis on “embedding climate change impacts in ALL aspects of our planning”
- The final policy document will be released by the end of 2019
- Will this policy document influence the proposed new coastal walking tracks between Wild Dog Ck. and Fairhaven??
- Still waiting on a recommendation and a preferred option from DELWP, for a long term solution for the front and back beach erosion.
- New fence to be built along the back beach soon?
- Emergency sand carting continues as further rock walls are built between Apollo Bay and Lorne.
Otway Forum meets 2nd Sunday of every month at 3pm at Marrar Woorn or find us at www.forum.apollobay.org.au.
Get involved and find out what’s really going on!
0428 091 694