Apollo Bay Real Estate Report
There's often much speculation about the sale price of property in and around Apollo Bay.
The fact is, sale prices are a matter of public record. Here's a round-up of 2013. We look forward to sharing more of this information as it comes to hand.
2013-14 Property Sales - updated March 2014
It's good news week – Key reforms to streamline bushfire regulations!
5th June 2014
Many of our local land owners in high bushfire risk areas will be relieved to learn the Planning Minister Matthew Guy has adopted reforms which now may enable people to build on land with a higher Bushfire Attack Level (BAL) rating. This is particularly relevant to landowners in Kennett River and other local high fire risk areas that have not been able to secure building permits although their blocks have been surrounded by neighbouring houses.
Key features of the reforms include:
• Allowing private bushfire bunkers as an alternative safety measure, where there may be increased bushfire safety risks that need additional consideration;
• Allowing vegetation clearance to achieve defendable space. The cleared area around a home is vital to protecting the home's occupants. Vegetation clearance obligations ('defendable space') would be limited to the title boundary of the relevant property;
• Ensuring the assessment of bushfire risk is consistent with the Australian Standard;
• Allowing more sensible bushfire safety measures in new master-planned estates; and
• Allowing homes to be built on 'infill' lots surrounded by other dwellings. Where a dwelling is allowed, it will be able to be built with a fair and equitable bushfire response.
• A new $700,000 assistance fund will enable affected landowners and councils to streamline planning processes.
Great Ocean Properties
Ph. 0458 586 540
REALM Property Sales Data is a Community Website Sponsor
This page is proudly sponsored by